Are you looking for tasty smoothie recipes? Having a protein smoothie is a great way to get some important nutrients your body needs. You should also opt to use natural sources of protein instead of protein powder. This tasty raspberry-almond combo gets it right. Because of this, it might just be the ultimate protein smoothie recipe out there.
The ingredients alone make this the ultimate protein smoothie recipe. Here is a quick overview of their many health benefits.
- Raspberries are rich in antioxidants, which promote coronary health. They can also help prevent cancer, as well as age-related mental and physical decline. Moreover, raspberries are also known for their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Almonds are among the best superfoods out there. They have high anti-oxidant content and are also rich in vitamin E. This vitamin is essential to maintaining your body’s cell structure. Several studies also prove its positive effects on brain health.
- Hemp seeds are a great source of natural protein. What’s more, their proteins are much easier to digest than those found in other nuts and legumes.
What You Need
To prepare this raspberry-almond smoothie, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 ounces of frozen raspberries
- 4 ounces of Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces of unsweetened almond milk
- 20 blanched slivered almonds
- Advertisement -
For an even tastier smoothie, add the following:
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
Put all these in a blender and process them until they’re smooth. After that, you can choose to either serve it freshly made or leave it in a freezer to cool a bit. Depending on the extra ingredients you use, one glass of the smoothie can have 250-300kcal.
Owing to its nutritional value, this raspberry-almond mix is the ultimate protein smoothie recipe. But keep in mind that you shouldn’t replace a regular meal with a protein smoothie. Instead, drink a glass of it each day instead of a midday snack. It will give you enough energy for the day and satiate your hunger until lunch.