Everyone likes crispy and delicious snacks, but experts tell us that they are unhealthy and make you pile on weight. Still, you crave a little delicious something. So, we ask, is there such a thing as a healthy, crispy, and delicious snack?
What’s Wrong with Eating a Packet of Potato Chips a Day?
Nutritionists warn that eating one packet of potato chips a day is like drinking 5 liters of cooking oil a year. Besides, the salt content is dangerously high, and some brands add sugar for an even greater taste sensation.
You can imagine, that you’re better off finding a healthy snack. But, is there such a thing as a healthy, crispy, and delicious snack?
Actually, there’s no need to worry at all, as there are lots of healthy, crispy and delicious snacks for you to enjoy. Take a look at these options:
- Popcorn: If you opt for the low-fat and low-salt variety, you have a perfectly crispy and healthy snack here. As popcorn is also high in fiber, it will help you to feel full for longer.
- Roasted Edamame: Packed with lots of nutrients but little fat or sugars, these pods make for a delicious, crunchy snack.
- Nuts and Seeds: Nuts and seeds are very healthy, crunchy, and delicious, which makes them a great snack. Even if you occasionally opt for salted nuts, you still get lots of goodness. Nuts contain protein, omega 3 fatty acids, and fiber, along with a whole load of nutrients.
- Pickles: Very crunchy, healthy, and delicious, pickles are great for dealing with salt cravings.
- Dark Chocolate: Choose chocolate with a 70% or higher cocoa content and reap the many health benefits of dark chocolate.
We’ve answered the question is there such a thing as a healthy, crispy, and delicious snack. These are just a few of the many healthy snacks you can enjoy. It’s just about making the right choices which isn’t too difficult since you’ve got so many options.